Why buy a sandwich when you can make one as good as this?
Introducing you to your new favourite lunch – the old toasted sandwich made new by chef and author Zoe Bingley Pullin. It’s simply to make, bursting with flavour and the best bit? It’ll only take you ten minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 4 slices multigrain bread
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons goat cheese, softened
• 1 beetroot, shredded
• 2 tablespoons sauerkraut
• 200g rare roast beef, sliced
• 1⁄4 cup Perino gold tomatoes, sliced into quarters
• 1 handful rocket leaves
• Wholegrain mustard or Dijon mustard (or both)
• Drizzle olive oil on the outside surface of the bread slices.
• Top the bottom slice with goat’s cheese, beetroot, rare roast beef, sauerkraut, mustard, tomatoes and rocket.
• Close sandwich press ensuring olive oil side is on the outer surface of the sandwich.
• Cook in the sandwich press until golden, cut in half.
November 4, 201612:36pm