A healthy treat that takes just minutes to create.
When I need a healthy sweet treat that’s ready in a flash – this salted caramel nice-cream is my go-to! It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet with added crunch from pistachios and cacao nibs! Tahini is a great source of copper, calcium and magnesium and with no added sugar, this recipe is an amazing afternoon tea treat or a decadent dessert. Healthy indulgence at it’s best! Also great for kiddies – can be made nut free by omitting pistachios.
Salted caramel nice-cream with pistachios and cacao nibs
• 2 frozen ripe bananas, chopped
• 2 tbsp hulled tahini
• 1 tsp sea salt flakes
• ¼ cup almond milk
• 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
• 2 tbsp cacao nibs
• 2 tbsp shredded coconut and extra pistachios, to top
1. Add frozen banana, tahini, sea salt, almond milk, cinnamon, maple syrup (if using) and cinnamon to a food processor. Process until blended and ice-cream like in texture. Add a little more almond milk if needed.
2. Stir through pistachios and cacao nibs.
3. Serve into 2 bowls, top with shredded coconut and extra pistachios.
September 7, 201612:31pm