I’m obsessed with these easy one-pan dinners – as simple as throwing some vegies and a protein onto a baking tray and roasting until delicious! This is the perfect vegetarian dinner option and so easy! Pumpkin and carrots are great starchy vegies too – really low GI and full of antioxidants from the beta-carotene!
Serves: 2, as a main or 4, as a side
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 pumpkin
• 3-4 carrots
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 5-6 mint leaves, torn
• 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• Sea salt
• 1 tbsp hummus
• 1 tsp mustard
• 1/4 cup vinegar (white balsamic, white wine or Apple Cider)
• 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°.
2. Chop pumpkin into small wedges. Slice carrots thinly. Arrange on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt generously.
3. Add baking tray to the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden and slightly caramelised.
4. To make the dressing, combine hummus, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup in a small jar. Whisk until combined.
5. Remove roasted vegetables from oven and add chickpeas to tray. Drizzle over dressing and top with pepitas, chilli flakes and mint leaves.